Cutting 90 degree angles

This weekend I was cutting some rectangles in 3mm Baltic birch ply. Used Beam Studio to draw a shape that is 200mm x 200mm. Cuts great except for the fact that the sides are not square to each other. I get a parallelogram that is about 1-2mm out from square. Anyone else have this issue? I have read on some other devices that the gantry might not be square. I have not seen anything on this forum to adjust that setting.
Thanks in advance for the help.

There is a way to square the gantry — if you contact Flux, they’ll e-mail you about it. It involves knocking the support block inwards with a mallet (or wrench), or prying it outwards with a screwdriver, while taking test shots at the cutting heat entry aperture at points B and D. The support block for point B is at the top left; for point D is bottom right.

1 Like

Thanks @playtester - I will reach out to Flux to get the official instructions.
What I think I have also realized is that my other issue of diminished cutting power on the right hand side of the table is related to this issue. Beam goes straight but the cutting head doesn’t go straight would cause some issues for sure. (Essentially I can just score things once I get about 3/4 of the way across the table). Seems to match up with how out of square things are.

I had an issue once where my engravings started to shift to one side with most passes. It created a diagonal effect. I reset my Beamo to factory defaults and it was solved. I don’t think it’s the same issue as you, but I wanted to mention it just in case.