Camera is CRAZY Bad on the Beambox Pro!

I’m sure this is no surprise to anyone who owns a Pro, but come on! This is ridiculous for a “Pro” version of anything! How am I supposed to use something as “precise” as a laser cutter to cut something when I can’t even remotely begin to properly register something?

If anyone knows if there is something wrong with my machine, or if there is a “hack”, please, for the love that all that is Holy, TELL ME NOW! I can’t do my job like this!

Also, why can’t I upload a picture here? I keep getting an error that “The difference between the request time and the current time is too large.”

In the mean time, here is a link to a pic of what I’m talking about - this is a single pass of the region I’m trying to cut: Amazon Drive

That’s interesting. I’ve never had this problem except when my camera (or the image processing software, more accurately) needed calibrating.

I calibrate mine every morning. I WILL say that, ever since I updated my software, my calibration picture is like 10mm off in the Y every time! Is that the possible cause? If so, should I roll back back to an earlier version?

Hi guys
I have had my Pro since Christmas last year and use it each weekend, never had an issue with the camera .
I just turn it in and it does what I want , I only calibrate the camera every second month.
It has always been very accurate.
I have always found Flux support to be the most helpful people , just ask
Terry