Beambox Pro laser power seems really weak

I’ve just received Beambox Pro bought from official website and am now trying out the laser cutter with several materials. I have noticed that the power of the laser seems pretty weak it cannot cut through 3mm MDF with Power 80% + Speed 3mm/s or even a drawing paper which is less than 1mm with Power 60% + Speed 5mm/s.

Also for papers (as MDF could never be cut with my machine) it seems to cut when I set the speed to less than 4mm/s with power 60% top left corner but it does not cut through with minimum speed 3mm/s with power 60% on bottom right corner.

What is wrong with it?

I’ve tried the optical path adjustment tutorial but when I stick the tape on laser nozzle and tried laser pulse it just doesn’t make any holes. It seems like the laser power itself is really weak.

One thing I noticed when it was delivered is that the laser tube was not fixed with screws and one of the screw was missing (should be total of 4 but found only three) so I had to use only three screws to fix the laser tube on position.

Anyway I need the solution to this issue since I need to cut the MDF.

Try putting tape before each of the mirrors (one at a time). For each mirror/tape go to manual and push the laser pulse 9 or 10 times. Remove and look at tape. When I first started a month ago I would get 1 nice round ~3mm hole; always in same place for that mirror. Recently, my machine assisted to be working at <25% power… Much as you describe. Now out of 8 to 10 pulses I will get 5 or 6 pin prick holes, generally within a 3 mm circle but the total of all holes is much smaller in area than was the first hole. Interesting, I almost never got a hole on the first and sometimes second pulse… it seemed to have to warn up first. Second, if I followed with a tape stuck below the lens I would get the anticipated single 3mm hole even though at each of the the mirrors I was getting the “scatter shot”. They are sending me a new tube assuming the first one was damaged in shipment. Emphasize: all worked perfectly for first 10 days to two weeks. Then, all of a sudden, a huge power drop. So do the test even though you may have done it originally with satisfactory results. Hope this helps.