Beambox error while priview

I have a Beambox CO2 laser and when I press Preview and select the section … after a few images it stops and gives the below error

I was using firmware version 3.5.1 and would just freeze and show on the laser screen that there was something wrong with the connection to the camera.
Updated to 4.0.10 beta and mostly does the same thing, but now displays that error

Tried with Beam Studio 1.8.3 and 1.9.4 beta. No difference

Using it with cable or wifi game same error.

Would appreciate any help on this !

It seems the issue was the USB cable that connected the raspberry pi with the camera.
Can’t say it was an easy fix but at least it works now

I have this issue as well on my Hexa, i’m connected via WiFi (a mesh system and the closest mesh point is 2 meters from my machine so don’t tell me it’s a connection issue)
It occurs once in a while, but not very often, and it isn’t a persisting issue, when i try again, it always works. So for me it’s not a dealbreaker.

The issue was that the cable was faulty so had to remove it and add a new one.
The cable that goes from the camera module, through the cable chain to the raspberry under the screen.
The biggest problem was that the socket for the camera is a very odd 5 pin socket with 1mm distance between the pins and pretty hard to find, at least in my area.
So pretty much cut the wires a few inches below the socket and soldered them to the new cable.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that out. I probably have the same issue then, with a loose connection. Will check that out once it becomes an annoyance :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :stuck_out_tongue:
You can check with a multimeter to see if the connection is continuous on each pin. Mine did not fit in the USB socket so used the corresponding pins on the raspberry board directly.
They also sell it separately Camera Cable (BM) B100009 - FLUX Europe if you hate soldering but the shipping was a lot ,at least in my case, so had to improvise a bit

1 Like