When will spares be available?

@BoozeKashi - I have a few tricks up my sleeve, one is a 1.75mm rod (same size as the filament.)

So basically, you need to replace the PTFE inside the hot end, you should find hundreds of photos of that online. I just remove the bottom plate (3 screws on the bottom of the print head), the plate comes off, vice grips for getting the nozzle out, then use my little 1.75mm rod to push the PTFE out from the top where the filament line screws into (yes you need to unscrew this.)

Once out, replace with 3mm OD 2mm ID PTFE line, make sure the line is very round before inserting, then just cut to size and install a new nozzle (0.4mm) - I keep those on hand now.

@proclaim - I’m very happy to hear that. I will say, my 3 printers, dispite their issues, still remain my favorite, in fact, I’m about to sell my Flashforge farm and buy a couple more. Now that I know all the little kinks, it’s been really nice to use them. I do wish the software was more reliable with it’s network communications, I wish it was a raspberry pi 2 inside, then a usb network dongle might solve some issues, - it’s still amazing through what you guys did with the ESP8266.

another info is that we’re developing a USB direct connection to solve those who pulled their hair out trying to connect through Wifi. We do have lots of task at hand and only few of us. However, we do aim to make this experience much more enjoyable. =)
oops, another bean spilled.

@proclaim Jim, just a question, hoping maybe you can answer:

Is anything going to change on the Load / Unload Filament routines in Flux Studio?

Load is okay except the window closes after Unloading, that’s just an annoyance.

But there are a ton of extruder problems and jams (lots of forum posts about this) and a large number of them could very likely be solved and avoided by a very small change in the Unload Filament process. I will try to explain:

Right now, when I click Unload, the nozzle heats up, and after a specified temperature is reached, the extruder runs in reverse (retract) for a set time/distance. Then it’s done. I had thought that the filament detector would be involved, ie. the extruder would retract until the detector read empty, but it does not work that way. It simply runs for a set time/distance and stops. It works, but it almost always leaves a small blob of melted filament attached by a thin thread, or a fat partially melted filament ending. Both of which are notorious for causing jams and blockages with bowden extruders.

The very slight change I would propose to you is to run the extruder forward for just a second or two, maybe 3-5mm of forward extrusion. This would eject what’s in the nozzle/tube, and as soon as the extruder reverses and goes into the retract routine, a much cleaner separation of filement is more likely, without the blob or swollen ending. This would solve a large number of loading problems, jams, complaints, etc.

Can you say if someone is looking at this?

@BoozeKashi
I can image how it goes in my mind and might potentially cause problems. next release is set to release next week and is too late for it. However, I’ll put that on the list.

thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks Jim! Appreciate the response.

Or you make it like me, i never press unload, but always load. Also for unload procedure. As the nozzle is hot enough and extrudes, i pull the filament manually out und put in the new filament directly. Like that you also dont have to wait for the new load-procedure is ready.

So you never use the u load function? Just the load one and pull it out to change and out the new one in?

How do we make sure we are informed when this is available?

It shall be stated in the release note.

Exactly like this. Its more simple for me

Unfortunately, the standard bowden tube liner is much thicker than the flux models. 1.75 refers to the inner diameter, the flux tube is narrower than most. I too have tried to source these and have had no luck. i have personally contacted Flux several times and heard nothing. So unless these are made from unicorns, I’m hoping to hear a good solution soon.

We haven’t put the parts on online store yet.
If anyone need spares parts, please send request through help center!

OD 4mm / ID 2 mm is standard tube for pressurized air … as are the push-in fittings were the filament tube ends go into. One of these lost its catch yesterday, which made an overnight print job ending up in a filament mess, but fortunately such parts are available everywhere.

Just confirmed those measurements with my spare tubing / filament guide that came with the machine. The only difference I see is that the push fit connectors used on the machine itself are a bit non-standard. They are the narrow kind. Still available online, just not as common as “normal” push-fit connectors.

I had to change my top PCT, PC-4M5, yesterday. I got some PTC for the filament side from ebay a while back but they have slightly smaller hole than original Flux PC-4M5 and slightly wider nut. The nut fits the opening but the filament just goes through, although so far it works, I think, I will run a slightly bigger drill bit to give some play to the filament. Do you know where on-line you get the ones identical to Flux? The sellers on ebay do not give the ID of the hole.
Cheers

Yeah, that’s what I mean. I think the PTFE is Standard size, (although there is also a Thin Wall, and a Light Wall version as well). If I’m reading charts correctly AWG Size 5

FLUX is just using oddball connectors. PC4-M5 I.D. should be the same, just the shoulder, length, and some other dimensionals change. PC4-M5 & PC4-M6 are what I referred to as common.

I believe what FLUX is using are actually PC4-M50 Take a look at this chart and you will see what I mean from the dimensions. As far as a source, not a lot that I could find quickly, but I did find one: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/route1/item/10000273/

Pricey little suckers comparatively speaking. I can get a half-dozen stainless for that price in M5 or M6. This is one of those part choices where it is frustrating that we cannot get it from FLUX, but I am not sure that they will be able to offer them for much less either.

In any case, I only looked for a couple minutes, do some more digging, you might be able to find locally, but it’s an oddball and metric so…

The chart gives good info, it looks like Flux uses a modified PC-4M50 ! The one I have from ebay is PC-4M5 although has bigger nut, it fits well. The only problem I have is the smaller inner hole, where the filament goes through. Flux PCT has 2.34mm diameter, gives plenty room to the filament to wiggle, the ones I bought have 1.94mm diameter inner hole, the filament fits but almost just ! Since I use cheap filaments, I don’t trust their tolerance for filament diameter of ±0.05mm, but the one I have now did fit OK and prints as before, no clicking due to increased friction. I’ll keep my fingers crossed and see if I can run a 2.4mm drill bit in some spare PTCs…

Thanks for the info.

I found this in the USA

https://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/221000066298/?HissuCode=PC4-M50

I bought the on Amazon. It works pretty well.

Could you measure the hole diameter, is it 2mm or 2.5mm?