Upgrade Kit Coupon - Now What?

the shipping is true. they say totally free EXCEPT the shipping fee. yeah its kind of a wrong use of the word free :wink:
i had that problem with the two codes too. thats why i am asking wei-zhong if the metal plate is different. i still got the old one and wanted to know if i need the new one

I guess I’m curious about what’s different with the new metal plate as well.

They do say this in one of their posts:

The all new designed metal base plate will not be included in the upgrade kit. Our supplier was struggling to fulfill our order and the quality wasn’t satisfying, the metal base plate will not fit on some FLUX Delta. We had to withdraw the metal base plate from the upgrade kit. We offer a 10 USD coupon to make it up to you, you can use the coupon to purchase an original metal base plate or other accessories on our online store.

How do we know if it will not fit our Flux Delta (I have a very early one - backer 150-ish)? I don’t want to pay for shipping if it won’t work with my Delta.

Since I use a glass plate might as well save the $10 coupon for the vinyl cutter attachment. Does anyone know when that will be on the store? @Wei-Zhong

It means the metal is the same as old one.
That’s why we offer the coupon code.
Let you get the metal plate as we promised or you can choose to get the other thing.
Thank you!

I am trying to order the upgrade kit and it seems only one discount code is allowed at a time. Does this mean I cannot use the $10 discount against the upgrade?

Here is the note from Flux
“(2) The all new designed metal base plate will not be included in the upgrade kit. Our supplier was struggling to fulfill our order and the quality wasn’t satisfying, the metal base plate will not fit on some FLUX Delta. We had to withdraw the metal base plate from the upgrade kit. We offer a 10 USD coupon to make it up to you, you can use the coupon to purchase an original metal base plate or other accessories on our online store.”

I saw that but when I add both the upgrade git and the metal base plate into the cart, when you go to enter the discount codes, it only allows one to be entered. I enter the upgrade code, I get the 140 discount but when I enter the 10 USD code, it wipes out the previous discount. I guess, I will just have to make two separate checkouts?

You can use it for other accessories but upgrade kit.

You cannot “Stack” the coupon codes. So if you are ordering the upgrade kit AND other items and you want to use both codes, you’ll have to make two separate orders. You’ll kind of get stung on the shipping a little bit that way…

If they allowed it to stack, though, we could get the $140 upgrade kit to negative -($10) to reduce shipping, which would cause FLUX to get stung on charges.

@Wei-Zhong this is a scenario you might want to look into as I’m sure quite a few folks would like to order the upgrade kits along with filament or other items but would rather group the shipment and be able to use both coupons.

Exactly. If the metal is the same I rather use the discount on PLA.
Will the shipping costs also be refunded if the PLA can be added to the package (as with the metal base plate)?

Maybe silly question: but if the metal base plate is the same as before, why was it in the upgrade kit (not being an upgraded item I mean)?

In my opinion, Flux already absorbed all the cost on an upgrade kit. We should have a fair share on paying a shipping on the kit.

The metal plate that they are selling separately in the store is the old plate. it WILL fit all Deltas.

No silly questions, just silly if they aren’t asked. It was not the same as before, it was a redesign with better grid adhesion. There were some problems with the original plate where the printed grid would come off. Some cases worse than others. If I recall correctly, some cases were the result of prep issues prior to printing (improper cleaning), but then a process redesign was done that resolved that issue and improved the printing method. That was the NEW plates. Unfortunately, this time a fitment QC issue cropped up.

Manufacturing in Asia can be fast & inexpensive (comparatively) but that doesn’t make it any easier…

I mean only for the PLA shipping. If you add it to the set, shipping is increased by $15 (in my case).

My question was for when you make a second check-out to use the $10 discount code. Shipping will be charged but they can add it to the kit package for shipping (as the do with the metal base plate).

I agree on shipping for the kit. I am very happy to pay for that.

@BoozeKashi:
Thanks for explaining!

Thanks for that @BoozeKashi! I was wondering what the difference was, and if I really needed it. I used my build plate the right way up from the start, so my grid is still in pretty much mint condition :wink: So it looks like I’ll be able to use the coupon for something else, as I don’t need the new build plate - I’m happy with glass anyway, and I’ll see what this magnetic base is like with the old plate.

Is there any expectation that the new-but-not-available plate will be made available later to order for the original Flux Delta backers? It looks like a nice upgrade that I’d happily pay separately for…

Just speculation on my part, but to date, we have not seen Team FLUX ever give up on anything. I am certain they will fix the QC issues and make it available later.

This is really more about sticking to timelines of shipping they promised.

I have no problems with how it works. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. My organized brain wanted it in one order. :slight_smile:

I still have not received my discount codes :,(
Will I have the same chance as you?

Did you complete any of the Quests? Did you import your previous order? What does it show when you look on the Orders site?

hello,

yes, I answered the 3 surveys, I pre-ordered my printer on the site, and when I go to the payment, I pay the normal price, no discount …