I have been thinking of a few software suggestions
- If a print job has just completed, and you have not changed anything, calibrating should then become optional. The machine should not have to do its re-calibration routine.
- It would be nice to see besides %complete, total layers of project being printed, and current layer being printed.
- A virtual printer on the screen that is tracking printer process via simulation of print job.
- Hour meter, that keeps track of usage for the machine, just like an hour meter for a lawnmower. Then you can reset it after doing maintenance.
- Calculation of how much filament is being used for printing the object.