Simplify3D fff profile

It’s good news; S3D give me the Flux printer’s fff profile for beta testing. They say the profile is early experimental, so I shouldn’t share the fff file to our community. I will update on the beta testing results.

That is very good news!

Hope it goes well, it would be great to have a supported profile, hopefully someday FLUX Studio can incorporate S3D or somehow work together with it.

Oh, and the Palette too, after the price gets cut in half. :slight_smile:

After many trials and errors with S3D tech support, here is the latest test result on a new S3D fff profile; Hatchbox filament at 195C, 0.4mm nozzle, 0.2mm layer and 20% infill. All dimensions are within +/-0.05mm. The result is very impressive. More testing is on the way.

Tiny bit of stringing, more like fluffing, I can live with that easily.

That spec tolerance is really impressive!

that is great, do you have an idea when the fff profile will be open to us?

I will print more test models and get as much support from S3D since they are willing to help us. We’re almost there.

Just want to clarify the filament detection.

detect_filament_runout setting in advanced has less priority than Filament Detection

so if you set Filament Detection to ON or OFF, then no matter which value you set for detect_filament_runout you won’t see any change. unless you change Filament Detection (in device) to BY FILE

Hi, any news on a public release of the fff profile for us? Have you made more tests?

After hours of testing with the help from S3D, here is the results with Hatchbox filament.

String is slightly appear on the test model, I’m gonna wait a new upgrade extruder kit so I can play around with retraction distance that might help on string/oozing issue. Temperature is also help on reducing stringing; I set a temperature at 185C on a Hatchbox filament. I’m happy on the fff profile and please test your print with this profile.

S3D also has two bugs that they will be fixed on a next revision update such as:

1. Failing on 50mm bridging test.

2. Doesn’t generating support under few circumstances like the end of a crab legs.

Note that S3D is already optimizing on its slicing software; I’ve learned on the trial that is a quality of a filament is a very important factor of a quality print. Happy printing.

Thanks @goldensnake for your work.

I wonder how much it must be changed for the Flux PLA filament… Eg. for the official grey PLA my temperature is 225-215° C

Adjusting filament temperature accordingly is based on your testing. The higher temperature will be generated more stringing/oozing.

Time is going by so fast and Flux printer is working tirelessly for one year till last month. S3D is always my favorite slice software and with Flux printer I’m able to print a last test on a difficult print model of Eiffel tower. Kudo Flux team!

I made also one. I exported my settings into a .fff file. Maybe someone find it useful.

Did you both print those in one piece? What is the build height?

I printed in one piece. Height is about 180mm

Amazing! @drmaettu, Did you clean the strings by hand or are your pictures the result right out of the printer? Is your .fff file based on @goldensnake’s file or a complete different one?

I made some short passes with the hot air gun, but it was almost great right off the printer. This fff file is from my experiences, i dont know the differences to goldensnake’s fff file. Probably they are very similar to each other.

I have not compared both fff files line by line, but I have both, and have used both, and they are remarkably similar. You have both dialed in on almost the same settings with only a few minor differences that I have happened to notice so far. Just slight differences in retraction & cooling, which may change from model to model anyway.

@drmaettu and @BoozeKashi, good to know! Thanks! I will try by myself in the future (…the day I decide to buy Simplify3D :wink:)

I have learned the settings on S3D for Flux printer from S3D tech support, @drmaettu and me. I have the best fff profile and want to share https://www.dropbox.com/s/owudzpvhchxkdd2/Flux%20Rev2.0%2020%Infill.fff?dl=0
From @drmaettu setting, a XY speed (9000mm/min) and retraction speed (3600mm/min) do help on reduce oozing/stringing on model. Happy printing!

Very unsatisfying printing results