Release of Linux Version

Hi guys,

We’ve compiled a Linux version of FLUX Studio on Ubuntu x64, haven’t fully tested on other platforms, but we’re excited to share this news.

We haven’t released the source yet. At this time, we’ve done most necessary features, so we are recently working on refactoring old codes, improving stability and fixing bugs, in order to boost the developing speed in the future. As we promised, it will be open source when it’s ready.

If you’re willing to try it out this experiment version, kindly download it here:

FLUX Studio v0.3.2 for Linux x64 Download
FLUX Studio v0.3.2 for Linux x86 Download

Run the following commands in terminal

$> cd /path_to_flux_studio
$> ./install.sh
$> ./FLUX_Studio

And tell us your test result :smiley_cat:

Have fun!

FLUX Delta - FAQ

Thank you for releasing Flux Studio for Linux. Have tried to install it, but unfortunately it won’t run due to missing webGL. Will try it on an other PC with Ubuntu next week.

My Linux setup:
Manjaro XFCE (Arch-based)
Kernel: 4.4.6-1
GPU: Nvidia Optimus 850M

Update:
Flux Studio is running on my System. Have had a problem with Nvidia-Drivers. Did a reinstall of Nvidia and webGL-Error is gone.
Now I need only my Flux to test Flux-Studio in real. :slight_smile:

Not being much of a linux wizard, (or is that winux lizard?), I tend to operate in a rote or verbatim manner and then simply surrender when confronted by failure. I performed the steps above to install Flux Studio on my Ubuntu 14 x64 system. The install went without error, but the run sequence generated these messages:

[0414/164026:INFO:nw_package.cc(175)] ./FLUX_Studio
[26685:26685:0414/164027:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "GetManagedObjects" with signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" doesn't exist

[26685:26685:0414/164027:ERROR:logging.h(813)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager.GetManagedObjects: object_path= /: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "GetManagedObjects" with signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" doesn't exist

/FLUX_Studio$ Parent failed to complete crash dump.

I also ran an install sequence purported to install WebGL based on the results of a Google search. The install sequence completed without error, but did not change the failures.

Flux Studio will open but presents the “UH-OH WebGL not supported” message.

Flux Studio is working great (3.0) on my windows box, but I figured it would be useful to have it on the Ubuntu machine too. It starts in a flash on linux, takes a moment or three on my Win7.

@fred_dot_u
Can you open Chrome on Ubuntu, and check this link http://webglreport.com/?v=1 to see if your chrome suport WebGL 1.0?

I installed Chrome with zero difficulty, and the report tells me WebGL is supported but disabled. I found proprietary drivers for my Radeon HD 6450 card and tried both with the same result. I suppose this means that my choice of a video card will not support Flux Studio. It’s not a problem for me, as my Win7 box is my primary computer. Perhaps in the future, I’ll stuff a different card in the Ubuntu machine to see what happens.

Works just as easy as on windows :slightly_smiling: The only annoying thing was that i had to plug in the cable while i already set up my printer on my windows laptop. I used ubuntu 14.04 and had no issues! Thanks for the linux support :blush:

works perfectly on Fedora 23 x64, still dont have printer so i cannot test connetion or print

I’ve been really waiting for this, but have been unable to try it since it’s release until today with mixed results.
The good was I was able to run the software and load STL files which I hadn’t been able to do before.
What didn’t work is I was unable to connect to the printer. When I clicked on the icon for it in the upper right corner it searched but couldn’t find it. It shows up fine on the Mac. The only difference is my linux desktop is a wired connection and the Mac is on wifi, but they’re on the same network. Any suggestions?

@Libby
To further fix the issue, use Mac to check if there were the IP of the machine in Menu > FLUX Studio > Preferences > IP, copy it to the linux version Menu > File > Preferences > IP.

Without direct IP Connection, FLUX Studio uses unreliable broadcast / multicast to seek the existence of Delta.

Hi Simon, that seemed to work - thanks!! I can now access the printer. I need some more glue stick so will try printing after I get that, but I did try the camera and that worked, so I assume everything will be fine. Thanks again!! And thanks much for a Linux version!!!

it works well.
But the linux version is slow than Windows one.

@Simon
Flux arrived on monday and it works like a charm.
Was wondering if there will ever be updates with the Linux Version of Flux Studio. Though the actual version (0.3.2) runs really well.

Thank you for this wonderful piece of technique and keep up the good work.

Running ubuntu 16.04 64-bit on a system with an EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX950 graphics card. Downloaded FLUX Studio 0.3.18, unzipped it, ran “./fstudio.sh”, then “./install.sh”, which seemed to succeed. When I run “./FLUX_Studio” I get lots of error messages:

[4942:4942:0814/153926:ERROR:desktop_window_tree_host_x11.cc(895)] Not implemented reached in virtual void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::InitModalType(ui::ModalType)
[4978:4978:0814/153926:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(336)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:8
c,d,m)):b[l]=c});return b}function v(b,c){return function(){return c.apply(b,arguments)}}function ca(b){throw b;}function da(b){if(!b)return b;var c=ba;z(b.split("."),function(b){c=c[b]});return c}function B(b,c,d,m){c=Error(c+"\nhttp://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#"+b);c.requireType=b;c.requireModules=m;d&&(c.originalError=d);return c}function ia(b){function c(a,f,C){var e,n,b,c,d,T,k,g=f&&f.split("/");e=g;var l=j.map,h=l&&l["*"];if(a&&"."===a.charAt(0))if(f){e=m(j.pkgs,f)?g=[f]:g.slice(0,g.length-
^

Error: Script error for: app/dispatcher/alert-dispatcher
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at Error (native)
at B (chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:8:220)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:29:432)
chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:8
c,d,m)):b[l]=c});return b}function v(b,c){return function(){return c.apply(b,arguments)}}function ca(b){throw b;}function da(b){if(!b)return b;var c=ba;z(b.split("."),function(b){c=c[b]});return c}function B(b,c,d,m){c=Error(c+"\nhttp://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#"+b);c.requireType=b;c.requireModules=m;d&&(c.originalError=d);return c}function ia(b){function c(a,f,C){var e,n,b,c,d,T,k,g=f&&f.split("/");e=g;var l=j.map,h=l&&l["*"];if(a&&"."===a.charAt(0))if(f){e=m(j.pkgs,f)?g=[f]:g.slice(0,g.length-
^

Error: Script error for: app/dispatcher/alert-dispatcher
http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#scripterror
at Error (native)
at B (chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:8:220)
at HTMLScriptElement.onScriptError (chrome-extension://bncoicldpgebmfjldnljilkgoggbddho/js/require.js:29:432)

I can get FLUX_Studio 0.3.13 to run on Linux, but not 0.3.19. Version 0.3.13 crashes frequently.