Red/White button - Solid Green light

Hello All,

I am currently having an issue with my Flux Delta experiencing a Red/White button - Solid Green light. I have scoured the forum without finding a solution to my problem. Here is what I have done.

I tried resetting the Delta with the steps provided on the site.
I have tried upgrading the firmware of the Delta
I opened the bottom of the Delta and cloned the software from the SD card using Win32DiskImager and tried to see if there was something going on with the software to no avail.
I plugged a HDMI cable to the Pi inside the Flux with the original and cloned SD card to see if anything comes up.

The last step I did I found something interesting. It seems that I get a login screen on the Pi and I cant get in. Using any of the default rasbian backdooring doesn’t seem to work. I have a feeling that once I log in I may be able to see why my Delta is essentially bricked. I have also reached out to the Flux team, but I have gotten no reply, so I came here.

Also if possible, can anyone clone their sd card or provide me with a link to download the original software from the Delta sd card?

Thank You everyone!

I have this exact same issue did you mange to find a fix?

Yes and No.

So it looks like the first issue was the board pictured below. The chip circled overheats and causes bad stuff to happen. Chip gets so hot that i’m sure you can cook an egg on it.

I put on a passive fan which made the chip partially work and was able to link up with the machine, but the lights did not go away. I had to contact Support and pay Flux to get a new board, since i’m out of warranty.

Now, after I installed the new board and also added a passive heat sync with artic5; everything seemed okay. That is until I started to load the filament. The extruder wasn’t pulling any filament, so I pulled the top off and found this chip burned on the extruder controller board.

I recommend that you double check each of these boards before ordering. I think this is all related to the red/white lights popping up and bricking your Delta.

I think the hardest part of getting this Delta back up is the slowness of support and getting the parts, since it isn’t available on the store. I’ve been at this for about a month+ now. If the parts were on the store front, my down time would be significantly lower.

Good luck fixing your machine!