Pause at layer with s3d

Is it also possible with the flux to pause at a specific layer when i use simplify3d for calculating the g-code?

Just noticed this old thread never got answered. Did you figure it out?

Something like this:

In the process settings, go to the Scripts tab. At the bottom is a box labeled “Additional terminal commands for post processing.” In this box, add a script such as the following example:

Change 19 (twice) to whatever layer you want to pause at.

{REPLACE "\n; layer 19, Z = " "; layer 19\nG28 Y0 X0\nM25\nG92 E0\nG28 Y0 X0\n; layer 19 "}

Which should append something like this (without comments) to the gcode.

; layer 19
G28 Y0 X0 ; home the X and Y axis
M25 ; pause the print so you can change the filament
G92 E0 ; reset the extruder origin
G28 Y0 X0 ; home the X and Y axis
; layer 19

This may not be exactly right, but in the ballpark, I know I am bumping a very old thread but folks are curious how to do the pause at layers color changes and with S3D it may keep the nozzle hot too.

I did not look into that yet… but if we are unlucky it is like my cura acceleration test, meaning it might not work as some gcodes commands are not supported.

@proclaim
Can you please publish a list of supported and unsupported gcode commands. Thanks

Good Point,

*Disclaimer: I have not tried that code yet myself, but I will.

The other option that is guaranteed to work is just eye-balling it and double-tapping the FLUX button to pause, change filament, and double-tap again to restart.

Since I necro’d this thread, I’ll try to test this gcode shortly.

yes I used the double tap version :slight_smile: works ok.

I still would love to have that list or at least a command line interface where one could test the commands or both :wink:

I agree, since we do know that there are some codes that do not work, it would be nice to have a list of either what’s included or what is excluded.

I think a lot of folks could get into trouble fast if command line tool was easily accessible.