I'm not able to load this STL

Can you try to load it so I can know if it’s an issue only for me?
I tried and failed with Flux Studio 0.6.3 and 0.7.1

I’m on a late 2011 Mac with macOS Sierra.

Here’s the link to the project and to the STL file:
Project: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2070588
STL file: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:3252828

It’s not just you.

I could not load it either. macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and FLUX Studio 0.7.1

Two issues:

1. FLUX Studio has been having issues with large files, and that one’s 82Mb
  2. (I think this is the real problem) I suspect that file was saved and uploaded as an ASCII STL file and not binary.

Try this one instead.
Ergonomic Magic Mouse
I just loaded it up in S3D and exported again as binary, now it is 15Mb and loads just fine in FLUX Studio.

FYI, to print clean and fit well without a lot of post-printing work, you will HAVE to print that with supports, and you will want to get them just right. If you are using only FLUX Studio, I suggest Cura and adjust settings and use Preview and zoom in/out and readjust until you get it looking good, too much support is going to make a cleanup nightmare, too little and it’s not going to print well.

If you have the option, Simplify3D will handle it easily. But if not, just take your time and adjust Cura settings and it will work that way too.

Oh, and post a pic after you get it finished, I would love to see how it turns out.

I’m a trackpad addict, but still fascinated by mousers and that thing looks pretty cool.

@BoozeKashi FLUX Studio is loading it correctly now.

thank you for the hints, I’m going to do some tests.

If you use Cura in FLUX Studio, these settings should get you pretty close to where you want to be.

Temps & print speeds will depend more on the filament you use but around 195 & 215 first layer with speeds around 40mm/s should give you a print time of around 3 hours and with these support, layer, and shell settings it should come out nicely. Not much cleanup, just a bit of support on the underside that you may need to sand a little so it doesn’t scratch. For infill, with these settings you’ve got enough shells to go with 10%, but if you are going to be using it a lot, you may want to go for 20% just for a bit of extra strength/durability. That should affect print time more than a few minutes anyway.

Good luck and happy printing! Join our Facebook group too if you’d like to. FLUX Owners Facebook Group

I’m a little bit late! I launched the print right now :smiley:
I’m using your settings @BoozeKashi

It will take 5 hours.

5 hours is pretty fast for the size of that. I’d be happy with that.

How did it come out?

It came out very well. I tried with and without support… I think that supports are not needed.

I was wrong previusly, it tooks like 10hours. (I think I changed some settings).

This is the first I tried (with support):