I built a running hours monitoring tool!

Hi everyone,

I searched for a way to track the running hours of my printer, so I would know when it’s time to lubricate.
And because there is no such function in Flux Studio, I decided to implement one for myself :stuck_out_tongue:

So what the tool does - it checks once a minute if the printer status is “RUNNING”, and if so, add a minute to the counter. It’s not dead accurate, but it gives you a pretty good idea about when it’s time to lubricate again.

The installation is easy with basic linux skills. The tool runs inside a docker-container which has the flux-sdk already installed.

If you want to give it a try, just follow the instructions here: https://bitbucket.org/moejetz/fluxmonitor

And if you just want to get the docker image to play around by yourself with the flux-sdk without hassling with the whole installation process, just pull the docker image from here: https://hub.docker.com/r/moejetz/fluxdelta/

I hope this tool is as useful for you as it is for me :slight_smile: If you have any questions, problems or whatever, feel free to ask!

Lubrication reminder / meter
Software Suggestions

Very nice! And thanks for making the docker image available for easy pull-ing :wink:

Another thing that might be worth looking into is in the recent version of flux studio there is a toolhead interogation, which reports the hours of use for the head… you could also poll that periodically perhaps, and use that to work out in terms of print hours? Although that probably brings with it a problem of the time changing as you change printheads…

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

As you mentioned, the toolhead interogation from flux studio is per-toolhead, but lubrication is independent from the used toolhead. So I decided to check by myself for the state every minute. This works perfectly and is also independent from the calculated print time of Flux Studio - so if Flux Studio calculates the printing time inaccurate, the lubrication counter is still accurate. Also to mention, the counter only counts if the toolhead is actually moving, so a scanning task for example would not increment the counter. That is the right behaviour in my opinion, since the scanning task makes no difference regarding lubrication :slight_smile:

Cool! Ill try it after i get back home from vacation :wink:

Looks awesome, I will give it a try…