HomeMade Circuits (PCB)

I know 2 methods to produce circuits: laser & engraving techniques. For me laser technique better then engrave, because no copper dust around working place. But laser must be powerful to avoid use chemical liquids. If flux will have changable heads like soldering (with laser or other method) it’s will be amazing!

Who know another methods to produce circuits with minimum actions?

Conductive ink pen with the pen holder, I guess ?

Conductive ink works, but doing very fine traces (for small footptint IC, for example) is impossible if you are using a pen. Also, the conductivity of the ink is poor.

Ablating the copper with a laser works, but you really need a high power laser to make it work. The commonly available laser diodes are neither powerful enough, nor in the right wavelength.

Best bet using the FLUX is to cover the copper with a dark resist material which will ablate easily with the laser. Use that to remove the covering and then etch the exposed copper.

Did you backed it? ( ps. im Raymond Houwing). i’m still thinking, “should i buy it or not?”.

No i did not. I just saw that project in another post.
but it looks promising :smile:

How about simply depositing conductive trace material in a pattern? Search Google for “Bare Conductive Electric Paint” or visit bareconductive.com

The Voltera is launching soon. I know I’m strongly considering one.

I’ve been thinking about this problem just now, and have a couple of suggestions/questions:

Would it be possible to construct a printhead (standalone or for the flux), similar to old inkjets, that sputters microencapsulated metals that are suspended in a colloidal solution onto a substrate – the solution made to evaporate after printing? The metals left over would then be exposed to heat (maybe microwaves or laser) and flow together to form fully metallic traces with resistance typical of a conventional PCB. Thickness of traces could also be varied very precisely using this type of printer, and resolution would be extremely high.

A second pass with a different head could print insulation material and/or 3d structures. Using an insulator that is thermally conductive would allow the direct printing of (3d) heatsinks on the PCB. Perhaps the substrate itself could be first printed using the insulator material, leaving holes where needed so no drilling is required, meaning that from start to finish the printer can print the entire board.