Flux torture test?

I guess I like torturing my Flux…

Yes I know thes test file is not really for an FDM printer but any ideas as to why the squares are not really square for example? or is it just hard for a delta to make them better?

left is about 20 mm/s for the walls right was about 35-40 mm/s for the walls

edit: ooh and yes they are tiny, 30 x 30 mm total size

Layer height, temperature, and speed have to be really dialed in when printing tiny details like that.

Probably have to use 0.05 resolution, get the temperature perfect for that filament so it adheres and cools quickly, and really slow things down even more so it can get the details and angles right.

yes perhaps, I will try some more later today.

Printed a 100% scale “make rook” yesterday, was surprised how well it actually worked. I will post some pics later.

edit: and I think your definatly right about the temp I still got stringing no matter what retraction setting I tried.

sure is a though one at normal size.

That is quite an accomplishment. That piece is designed for SLA/DLP. I am quite impressed you got it to print with that kind of detail.

Yes was a bit surprised too then again I am having some fun with a 0,2 nozzle :slight_smile:

Will try a bigger one see if I can get the text to show on top.

Would you share the file? I’d like to test it on my S3D setting. Thanks.

sure…

Make Rook

Cylinder test

Here is my test result on S3D with 0.4mm nozzle.

Take two: Enable the feature on S3D. Choose start points closest to specific location: This can be useful if you want to line-up your starting points on a certain part of your print, so the seam isn’t obvious or is hidden.

Nice looks good, better than I expected for a 0.4 nozzle. I kinda gave up on ising 0.2 too easy to clog and I still have other issues to solve :frowning:

What settings did you use for that ?

Here is my latest fff file.

Thanks that was the one I used with some modifications…

I tried a 0.2mm nozzle that didn’t work well at all. With a 0.3mm nozzle, the result is better than I expected (using the same 0.4mm fff profile and just change a size of nozzle and extrusion width to 0.3mm. I’m on building the Curta calculator that’s required on printing few small parts, which a 0.4mm nozzle is big for printing them. Here are the test results.

Take two: Fractal branch (X & Y: 44mm and Z=37mm)

I don’t like 0.2mm nozzles they seem more trouble than worth it… I don’t have a 0.3 but I did manage to print an ok benchy with an 0.4 an telling it is was a 0.35mm
Might have to try that test like that.

I also noticed that the flux does not seem to have adequate cooling to use a 0.6 or 0.8mm nozzle. If they ever make a V2 of the print head a more powerfull fan would be nice :wink:

And I start seeing why some printers use a 0.35mm as a default one.
To me 0.35mm seems like a nice sweet spot as you can easily push it to 0.3 or 0.4 without going over the 20% (more or lees like a lot of people say).
Then again some people seem to print 0.5mm lines with 0.4 nozzles which is slightly over those 20% (not sure how well that works).

Nice results!

I tried some testing with a .2 nozzle about six months ago with the same results, just more trouble than it is worth. A few good prints, but horribly slow, way too prone to clogging, and the Delta just did not seem to care for it. But after that I ran with a .3 nozzle for a very long time and had fantastic prints. On this printer .3 really works out nicely, especially with S3D and that profile (as long as you do not use the mag plate, stay with glass).

For running SLA prints it really is quite impressive that it can get that level of detail on these prints, many printers can not even come close.

here it is, the 0.4mm nozzle and told it to do 0.35mm lines and 0.15 layer height… works ok just a bit stringy.

and the benchy same settings, has some small issues were I am not sure why (besides the stringing).