FLUX Studio 0.7.3 Changelog + Toolhead Frimware 1.2.13

We apologize for the frequent update, but we’re all working overtime to make FS a better product. We found these two critical problems and decide to push another update.

#FLUX Studio 0.7.3 Changelog

###Bug Fix

• Change filament not responding
  • Change profile/quality will not re-slice

Toolhead Firmware 1.2.13

• Fixed hardware identification bug
  • Add RPM detection for cooling fan
  • Improve temperature management process

Download Page

*When using Cura2 there is NO option to set Nozzle Diameter.

Is there a wiki on how to change the nozzle on the flux toolhead?

I haven’t looked at how it works in the new Cura, but nozzle diameter may not be a setting anymore. Some slicers like KISS have stopped listing it as an option all together. After you set your extrusion width and layer height, the program has all of the information that it needs to calculate the volume of plastic to extrude, and no other input is needed. You can’t print a line thinner than the nozzle diameter, but other than that go/no-go check, it makes no difference in the GCode that comes out of the slicing engine.

I think you’re right Jim. I’m still going through the code (there’s a LOT more in Cura2 expert) but there seems to be about double the defaults for 0.4 on width, line, etc., so if you change nozzles, you’ve just got to go through and change all those settings. PITA

S3D for the win.

No wiki, but if you search the forum, there are a few threads on it. (Try searching for ‘clogged nozzle’ too)

Generally:

WARNING: VERY HOT

Empty the filament, and disconnect PTFE inlet tube. Bring the nozzle up to temp. That’s actually easier now with latest FLUX Studio, you have manual temp control.

Then unplug or switch off power. Quickly remove tool head from the machine and use appropriate wrench/spanner/socket to take off the nozzle. Do NOT try to do when it cools off or you will VERY likely break the hot end or tool head assembly.

Try not to burn yourself (too much).

Reverse the procedure to put nozzle back on.

Has to be done while hot to account for metal expansion coefficient whatnots, because Science…

From experience, having a leather glove, some forceps or pliers to hold it, and some aluminum foli or metal canister to put it in to protect work surface are all worth having on hand before you start.

Win10 x64 FS0.7.3
Yay, since FS0.7.0 I have not had to use a Z offset in the advanced settings.
Yay, Cura 2 now works and I like the auto infill which actually works and cuts down a lot of time.
Yay, I can upload gcode into the main page and press the start button now, but, if I try and upload a gcode file directly to the SD card, a 3Mb file gets converted and uploads OK but a 20Mb file stays stuck at “Processing 0%” and I have to press the Flux button twice to abort.
Also, I still have the problem of my “Machines” menu items not working and I cannot update from toolhead firmware from 1.2.7 to 1.2.10 or 1.2.13. In FS 0.6.3 all the menu items work first click and I can attempt a toolhead update but it says “Update failed”. In FS 0.7.3 the only item that works properly is the Machine Firmware update which I can use to cancel the busy circle of the Toolhead Firmware.

I have also updated my FS settings sheet if anyone is interested.
I don’t understand why the Bridge speed setting for Slic3r and Cura1 went from 60 to 15. I thought bridging was best done quickly. I can’t see an equivalent in the Cura 2 settings to compare it to.

Great Job on the XLS. The question I have is regarding the settings below, what happens for instance if you change the false to true as an example, of change the Normal to what option? . Just trying to understand the outcome if you change the setting.

Here’s the answer direct from Cura 2.4.0 on the Fuzzy Skin. The other two settings just adjust the effect, i.e. how much & how thick. It’s in Experimental Modes, but you won’t see it until you enable it in Preferences first.

I’m still looking around for the other two settings, they called them something else in 2.4.0. I think they dropped the ‘Magic’ naming.

I think this is the magic_mesh_surface_mode options, it’s under ‘Special Modes’ after you enable in Prefs.

So: Normal, Surface, Both

Spiralize is also under Special Modes after enabling in Prefs. Options are true/false, and here’s what it does:

(Sorry for the multiple replies, I was having to jump from each app)

Thank you for the answers…

z-offset no longer works. I had z-offset set to 0.3 because of a Builtac base sticker. Now the Flux presses into the buildtac no matter what z-offset I give it. I have gone all the way up to 1.0 and still the nozzle presses into the Buildtac with no change of Z hight.

I am running the lastest Flux Studio and the latest firmwares on windows 10 x64

A few things…

1. connection to the printer seems worse the pre 0.7.x (this is the first 0.7+ version I am trying). It sometimes gets stuck at “connecting please wait…”

restarting Flux studio seems to resolve the issue.

1. machine -> run autoleveling does not always seem to work. I get the following error.

After restarting the machine for the third thime it runs through but get stuck on…

I can abort it by clicking the greyed out stop button.

3 . machine -> commands -> run autoleveling with clean data does not work, it does all 3 corners then goes to the center position and I get it an “uh-oh” ( I did try like 5 times, with machine and Flux studio restarts inbetween).

I wanted to try these as the skirts on gcode files gernerated with simplify 3d are very thin since the updates.
The skirt should be 0.19mm with my settings but it is about 0.5-0.1mm
Using a global g-code offset helps but was never needed before.

edit: forgot to mention: I am using a glas plate but it never has been an issue before the 0.7 versions

edit 2: just did test is and the simplify g-code offset actually makes the skirt 0.15mm now.

I am experimenting the same connection issues on windows 10 x64

I don’t have connection after an update. I recommend you to reset a FS and start from fresh.

I noticed that the changes I made in extra settings only applied to Slic3r, not Cura.
This could be also the reason why you z-offset setting is not working.
Can anyone confirm?

My mobile app has lost connection with a printer but it worked fine in the morning before I learnt to work. Does it relate to FS update? I don’t know?!

Not sure if anyone else has the porblem but I have quite a few more toolhead tilt issues than before 0.7 versions.

Not sure why… and yes the ball joints are fine.

edit: well actually no toolhead tilt issues before 0.7