Flexible Filamenet

Well, its not NinjaFlex, but its definitive a flexible filament. Prints without any problems.
Temp 220, speed about 30mm/s

that looks very good but I think that filament (formfutura flexifil) is only europe where you can get it and the shipment to mexico is a little expensive. I’m looking something that is on united states (more close) and I heard ninjaflex will release a new filament that works with bowden extruders, and it prints at 60 mm/s. The name of the filament is cheetah and I think it will be release on the last days of this month so I will get a roll of this filament.

Problem for is not feeding, but the extruder never grabs it and all I hear is tick, tick. Initial feed all the way to the extruder head is fine.

Hi, I looked up the filament ypu’re talking about but the printing temperatures show that it’s in the 235-245ºC league, which at the moment the FLUX print head can’t reach. Just a detail before you make the investment.

I didn’t notice that. Thanks for alert me. I think I will search for another filament or maybe try semiflex

Yeah, I saw its specs and they’re actually quite viable for the FLUX. You can buy it at MatterHackers, although I’m not sure the shipping costs in your case. Maybe it’s not as expensive as FormFutura’s

Hope you can manage to get some good prints

I followed all of the advice I could find about what flexible filaments would work with the Bowden tube of the Flux Delta, and I settled on the pricey Soft PLA from Matter Hackers. I really struggled to get the stuff to load and start a bead melting from the hotend. I ended up using my trusty (greasy) Universal Filament Filter and Lubricator and finally got it in. The first attempts resulted in jams, and the motor and grippers acted like nothing was there, while the filament just ended up all twisted.

After using the most conservative settings listed here, I have it extruding at a snail’s pace for the skirt and initial layers. I’m printing the Apple TV Remote bumper that’s designed to be printed in Ninjaflex. It seems to be working OK, but it’s nerve wracking knowing that the whole thing might gum up if there’s any friction. The Bowden tube seems like a significant limitation for many of the exotic PLA variants, and these exciting materials are one of the things that keep me fascinated about FDM. Fortunately, everything seems to work if you can get the right expert settings recipe. AQUA NET is providing sufficient adhesion on the borosilicate glass bed.

Update: The printer stopped extruding about 1/3 of the way through the print. I tried again, but it quit extruding the next time during the first layer. Back to the drawing board.

If you have some familiarity with the free modeler OpenSCAD, there is a download on Thingiverse that will allow you to create a two-part mold object from an STL file.

I made a new feeder housing where the filament has no space to get off the rolls.
Its printed in pla. it works great with flexible (print slow with higher retract) and all other filaments (PETG and PLA). but its a intervention in the flux hardware. warranty void. you have to remove the filamet sensor (run out switch) and bridge over the connector.
if someone is interested in this modification, i can send you the stl and some photos.

yes please :slight_smile: i would like to see your solution

Here you can see an image of my solution. https://goo.gl/photos/aqK6tLesXfmyWCFJ8
The chips come from copper filament, not from the feeder :wink:

Hi, did you manage to print? I tried but the extrusion failed after the first layers with NinjaFlex.

You posted this some time ago, but do you happen to have the STL file still available? I’ve been trying to get flexible filaments to work and it’s been incredibly hit and miss. That object you made looks like a perfect solution to the issue.